Robert C. Paulhamus founded Paulhamus Litho in 1957. It began as a one-man print shop in the basement of a hardware store in Montoursville, PA. He started out with a foot treadle letterpress, an old-model 11″x17″ litho press, a hand-cranked cutter, a foot-powered stapling machine, and three cabinets of used movable type.
By 1959 the company was operating on a full time basis, gradually updating machinery and employing people skilled in many fields of the graphic arts.
In 1961 a new building was erected at 1128 Broad Street. As the company grew two additions increased the size of the building to accommodate more equipment.
In 1975 Paulhamus Litho, Inc. moved to its present location on Old Montoursville Road. Over the years, it has increased the number of employees from nine to 29 and is constantly adding to its design and printing capabilities to maintain its leadership for unbeatable quality and service.